Wednesday, August 13, 2008

WhaT HaPPens in VeGas. . .



What does happen in Las Vegas? Apparently a lot when the Reese's are in town for 5 days. Fred had a conference in Vegas so we decided to take the kids on one last romp before school starts. We headed out last Friday, on I-40 and stopped at our favorite Route 66 dive The Snow Cap- they have great food and a fun atmosphere and of course, Sheriff from the Cars movie has retired there.



SATURDAY- We played with our friends, the Beans, apparently I didn't take any pictures at their house so you'll have to check out the Bean's blog! We had a great time catching up and enjoying each other's company. It was like we just moved away from each other yesterday! We also ran into our other Tucson friends, the Spalding's, they were lucky because they didn't have their kids. I kept telling Fred I wanted to go and watch Mamma Mia and kept singing the song-Sean picked it up and here is his rendidtion!!!



SUNDAY- YES-we were good and went to church with the Beans, with all of the sinning going on around us how could I not go to church! Fred and I had a dinner that night so I got to get all dressed up and we went to some "fancy" Wolfgang Puck restaurant and ate with some of the people that work at the Grand Hotel in SLC.



MONDAY-the Bean's came over and swam with us at our hotel, Mandalay Bay, we had a great time hanging out at the wave pool, the kiddie pool and the lazy river, OK to rent a tube there cost $20, now Sarah was the one who checked on the prices, so I can't verify the accuracy of what she was telling me, so we floated along the lazy river, actually it felt like a workout doing squat walks going around that thing a million times! (tiny exaggeration)



TUESDAY-We met the Beans and went shopping-let me just give you the equation and you can guess how it went- Two moms and EIGHT kids! Yeah that's what I thought! That night we went to the Shark Reef aquarium with Fred, it was fun, but jeez EXPENSIVE!! (am I sounding like a cheap skate-because I meant too!)



Video of the Shark Showcase, enjoy it so you don't have to spend thousands of dollars when you take your family there, just say we already saw it on Elisa's blog!


Then we took the kids to the M&M factory, more EXPENSIVE crap, so I let my kids get the $2 tube of mini M&M's. They were just excited to get their own M&M bag!



After the M&M factory, Fred had to go back to his closing reception, the Styx played and he caught a drumstick! So I decided to take the kids to see the Bellagio fountains play, I love them and I could sit and watch them forever! The kids loved them and had a great time watching them. Now I loved the Mandalay Bay, but Holy Crap that hotel is the last one on the Strip, so as were walking back to the hotel, I just kept telling the kids, just keep looking forward, don't look down, don't look around, just keep looking forward! I swear the next time I go back I'm not taking Kids! The NKOTB are playing Oct 11, anyone want to go! Loved them in HS!



The Bellagio Fountains!


So I didn't get to go to France for my Anniversary, but I did get to see the Eiffel Tower in Las Vegas, I bet it's even more grand in Paris and that's something I'm willing to BET on!

No comments: