Monday, September 1, 2008

In Honor of LABOR Day!

I saw this in another blog and thought it would be fun to reminisce on this LABOR day!

HOW LONG WERE YOUR LABORS?

Sarah- 10 1/2 hours
Sophie- It felt like all day, but HARD labor 4 hours
Sydney-4 hours
Sean-4 hours

HOW DID YOU KNOW YOU WERE IN LABOR?

Sarah- Woke up at 2 in the morning called Hospital and they said to wait a couple of hours before coming in! Can you believe this the child was 2 weeks overdue and they had the nerve to tell me to wait to come in!

Sophie- Finished walking around The Arizona Mills mall and had a huge contraction which stopped me cold in my tracks and then I still drove back to our hotel while having contractions during rush hour in Mesa, AZ

Sydney-I was induced, but my water broke on its own after 3 hours of potocin? and that's when all hell broke loose!

Sean-Also induced never felt any pain because I got the epidural right away!

WHERE DID YOU DELIVER?

Sarah- ST. Marks Hospital, SLC, UT

Sophie- Chandler Regional Hospital, Chandler, AZ

Sydney- Orem Community Hospital, Orem,UT

Sean- Orem Community Hospital, Orem, UT

DRUGS?

Yes, Please!

Sarah- Demerol, epidural

Sophie- Stadol, NO EPIDURAL (Yeah that's right)

Sydney- Yoga breathing- got tired had what they called walking epidural, was informed when I had Sean they don't do these at Orem so whatever the man shot into my back WORKED!

Sean-Epidural-straight up!

WHO DELIVERED?

Sarah- Dr. Elizabeth Graul (Fred felt more comfortable with a woman down there!)

Sophie- Dr. Kels (never met the man before I had her, but I loved him!)

Sydney- they kept calling the Dr and the Nurse almost delivered her and then lo and behold Dr. Gregory Gordon stepped in to save the day! He must've drove the porsche that I have helped pay for up to the Hospital!

Sean- Dr. Gregory Gordon

I loved them all and I am so glad they helped deliver healthy babies!


Sarah Nicole - 8 lbs. 14 1/2 oz


Sophie Elisabeth - 9 lbs.


Sydney Kate - 7 lbs. 11 oz.


Sean William - 7 lbs. 1 oz.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Hey! I found you, after Dandi found me and now I have a new set of blogs to stalk!! You're kids are getting so big, I can't believe it and I think somewhere down the road I heard from Megan that you had a little boy! And he got your curly hair! He's a cutie! Now, we've got to get Meg to start a blog, or maybe I haven't found it yet? Come over and visit us!

rebecca and tim white said...

I loved your labor stories!