Friday, September 5, 2008

The BuMblebEE's


Do you remember in a previous post that I mentioned I was a soccer coach? It wasn't a JOKE! Well we just finished our season (Thank Heavens!) We had a great season, I believe we lost only 2 games and I say believe because at this age they aren't keeping score, just learning how to have fun! WHATEVER! Those little girls knew when we scored 9 goals and the other team scored 0. Seriously this happened at our first game, I kept thinking we are TOTALLY AWESOME and then I remembered that we don't keep score and it's for the YADA, YADA, YADA!

Let me just tell you how I got suckered into coaching, Sydney wanted to play soccer so I signed her and Sophie up, now I was just sitting at home doing my homework when AYSO called and said your daughter doesn't have a coach and would you be interested in volunteering. I guess I was feeling pretty good, because I went ahead and said yes, knowing that I would have a co-coach. So we have a first practice and all of the girls are doing really well except for Sydney, she kept complaining, it's hot, my feet hurt, can I get a drink of water? Let me just tell you this - Sydney got off pretty easy, because I didn't want to look like a total witch in front of everyone, although they could probably see the steam coming from my head from frustration! I think she egged me on because I was her Mother and she knew she could get away with it in public. She would also run off during the games and start playing on the playground. I would be looking for her to come and in and play and there she was or should I say there she wasn't.


Anywho, my bumblebee's were great and I'm so glad that's over for the season and I know next summer when I see AYSO on my caller ID, I'm not picking up the phone!


Bumblebee's L-R

Lightning Lexi, Bring it Brienne, Cool Catelyn, Mighty Maddie, Sassy Sydney, Bubbly Brooke, Awesome Autum, Energetic Ella


Gotta Love a Woman in Uniform!
Do I look Confused?
"Our Goal is the Other Way!"
"I can't wait to play on the Playground!"

Thank you Myndie for the pictures!

5 comments:

Dandi said...

You forgot...Estatic, Enthusiastic, and Energetic Elisa!!!!!!!!! What a little turkey, that Sydney, she is so funny!

rebecca and tim white said...

I lost your email address when we got our new computer, will you send it to me again? rebeccarwhite@hotmail.com. Lets work out details for the polor express. I know a few people who want to go!

Stacie said...

Cute pictures!! Gotta love the yellow and black! You would HAVE to be Bumblebees!! :)

You are a cute mom to coach for them!!

rufannmama said...

i love the bumble bees! joe has me playing on a co-ed team. i think i'd rather coach-- at least with coaching people can't WATCH how clueless you are. btw we would love to be in on the polar express. and, i think my in -laws would be too. what do we need to do to get in on that action?

The Cannons said...

I'm so proud of you Elisa!! I'm sure you were so much fun. Just fake it 'til you make it. BTY Ruth Ann is doing awesome playing soccer, she'll be coaching Emi in no time! Thanks for putting the P. Express together. We can't wait to see you guys!