Monday, September 22, 2008

I AM THE LUNCH LADY!



My kids are going to a charter school this year, so part of the requirements to be able to attend this school are the parents have to volunteer for 50 hours throughout the school year. I work with Sydney's class, Sophie's class and Sarah's LUNCH hour. Today I went up to the school and they assign about six kids to clean up after lunch. Well let's just say they are supposed to clean up and some of them don't really try at all. Can I just vent right here-do people not teach there kids how to clean anymore! I mean come on--LAZY, LAZY, LAZY! So here I come, being the lunch monitor that I am and I had to teach some basic cleaning to these kids! I showed them the correct way of wiping down a table,(just slapping the sponge onto the table never cleaned anything)folding the table and sweeping the floor. They probably thought we hope this lady never comes back,but guess what I'll be back every Monday from 12:20 to 1:00!!!! Hey at least I don't have to wear the HAIR NET! (no cafeteria at this school, they have to bring their lunches every day!)

Anyways, thought is was funny that I, Elisa was working in my daughter's cafeteria!

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Hey don't knock it! When I was in elementary school we BEGGED to be the scraper! The one that took the tray from you and scraped all the food down the drain!! GROSS!! But it was the sought after job--behind milk seller and lunch server!! ;)

Dawn said...

so funny! I have to agree though, there are some lazy kids out there! I sure hope it's not one of mine when my back's turned!

The Red Hen said...

You go girl - show those lazy good for nothing kids just HOW to clean a table! Seriously I'm sure your kids LOVE you being at their school. Enjoy it while you can. It gets even more fun when they are in Jr. High and they are horrified that you are there!