Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Talented Mr. Riley



OK I have to tell you about Mr. Riley. He teaches my Beginning algebra (the math for retards according to my brother) and I truly think he would be the perfect candidate for the show, "Beauty and the Geek". Now I'm not trying to put down my teacher, even though I could probably break him in half, but he has such an eccentric personality. Of course, he knew he was smarter than all of us even though pretty much my whole class was a lot older than him.

Today was my final in his class so I just wanted to pay homage to my teacher that I've had for the past 6 weeks. Every day was something new to look forward too, What was he going to wear?, (loved the C3PO t-shirt and I had to chuckle to myself when he would peg his pants at the bottom (the 80's) Did he brush his hair? (most days I think not) and then his little remarks he made to us. (too many to post)

So check out his picture and don't be jealous that I got to spend 2 1/2 hours with him each day--by the way(for my brother) going into my final I had a 98% in the class and I feel pretty good about my final so I'll let you know about my math grade. I start intermediate algebra and eng 102 next session so I look forward to having a wonderful July 4th break and I hope that all of you do too.

3 comments:

taylor harding said...

oh yah, he's hot! how did you resist? (or DID you?)

The Red Hen said...

Ohh BABY!! How DID you concentrate on your MATH?!?! OK, seriously, I'm Math impaired too, so I feel your pain sister - - AND I am married to Mr. Structural Engineer (think Masters Degree in Math) The part that counts is that you ARE going back to school. I'm proud of you. Props from ME.

Love,
Jana

Stacie said...

Oh how I LOVED any math class I took! Yes, I was a math geek and went all the way to Calculus in High School! (My kids love it, by the way, cause I know how to help them in math!) Anyway--I never had a 'cute' teacher like that!! Was it distracting in class? ;)