Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy 4th of July - Redneck Style

This past weekend we decided to go to good ol' Camp Verde to celebrate the Fourth REDNECK style. My sister, Megan, and my brother, Aaron and their families came up too. We made our own 4th of July tee's this year. I think they turned out pretty cute!




Friday morning we got up early and decided to do a Family Fun Run around my mother's circle that she lives on (about a mile long). My brother-in-law called it the NO FUN RUN. (Yeah, he didn't get up to run) Megan came in 1st, Sophie 2nd, and Fred, 3rd. I came in 5th, behind my nephew, Tyson, he sure is fast for a six year old.

After that (mind you were doing this holiday redneck style) without showering and in our hippie shirts we drove over to Clarkdale, AZ to watch my dad play his trumpet in his band that he plays with. Fred got pulled over and the cop gave him a ticket. (I don't understand why, we're not from there and we didn't know it was a construction zone!) He must've been jealous from seeing us in our tees and wished he was going to wherever we were supposed to be. We got to our destination and had a good time listening to my dad play patriotic music, (gotta love it!) Sean peeing out on the playground-remember we doing this REDNECK style (ever since he has learned to use the toilet, he thinks he can go anywhere), and rode on an antique fire truck.




We drove back to CV and we were all exhausted and HOT so we decided why don't we go down to the Verde River and take a dip. Now Camp Verde has a public pool, but remember we are doing this, all together now, REDNECK style. So enjoy the pictures of us at the river. Of course, we really stunk by the time we got back home, from the fun run, to being outside, and of course the Dirty Verde. Good think the picture is taken from far away because we were scary looking. You can also see why the Verde river is called the Dirty Verde.


We ended the day by playing the Wii and had a great day overall. I hope everyone had a great holiday!

2 comments:

wendy said...

The river looks a little cleaner than the one at girls camp. Looks like you guys had a blast!

Stacie said...

Looks fun! I bet the kids loved all the fun things you did! We might think them not so fun but kids love to be doing stuff so they don't get 'bored' right! I am stuck in Utah waiting for my sister to have her baby! It was due the 10th! We sure miss you guys! Let me know if your Las Vegas trip comes about!! :)