Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Slide Rock, AZ



With me being in school this summer, we really haven't been able to go on vacation anywhere, so I told my girls we could do some fun things that are close to home. Growing up in AZ and being close to where I grew up I decided to take my girls to some places that I enjoyed going to when I was younger. (man do I sound old) Slide rock is a very popular tourist place in Oak Creek Canyon right outside of Sedona, AZ. It's the Oak creek that runs through this beautiful canyon and created a natural water slide hence the name slide rock. Enjoy the pictures and video- the water was terribly cold, but we still had a great time with our friends, Melanie, Emily, and Jane!



Eating lunch before we went swimming and no we didn't wait 30 minutes after we ate!


Sean was fascinated with the fish!



Some great video of the girls going down the slide!



Jumping off of the cliff! Sarah is in the first video and Sophie is in the second!




Did I mention the water was SUPER COLD!







We had a great day and stopped and got Ice Cream at the general store they have on site on our way home! Thanks to Melanie, Emily and Jane for spending the day with us!

No comments: