Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Infant Swim Resource






Sean has been involved with a swim program called ISR (infant swim resource). It was featured on the Today Show this morning and his instructor, Colleen Haas emailed me and asked if the parents of all of her students could help get the word out of the AMAZING program. I'll start off with our story, living in Arizona everyone (well not everyone, but close enough) owns a pool. Drowning is the #1 cause of death for toddlers ages 1 to 5 and it's sad because it is sooo preventable. Sean loves the water and so we put him in the six week program to help him learn how to swim at the age of 2. It is mainly a survival course and if he falls into a pool fully clothed he will know how to survive. He knows how to float on his back and yell for help. You can check out video demonstration on their website at http://www.infantswim.com/ . Also you can check out http://www.todayshow.com/ and see Dr. Harvey Barnett, the man, who studied this idea that infants can float. We met him last year while we were in Tucson and I am so grateful to him for having a passion to save lives.




Sean and His Instructor Tracy

4 comments:

Stacie said...

I love your blog! I think I will put pictures of my kids on the side too! (Great idea!)

I saw the ISR segment on the today show and thought of all you guys who were in it in Tucson. I think it is a great program! Payton turns 2 in two weeks and loves the water!! We put her in a life jacket and arm floaties and she is all over the pool!

Anonymous said...

Elisa! I am so glad you are blogging! I love being able to keep in touch at all hours of the day...or night. Your kids are so cute. Sean is getting so big...underwear?! Seriously...Sydney...wow, she has changed so much. She is darling. Did I just imply that she is cute NOW and she "changed so much" ? Not what I meant...

Can't wait to see more.

Dani

PS Seriously? Delayed school over that itty bitty snow? Did you laugh? hee hee.

The Red Hen said...

Elisa,

What a great blog! I will add you to my list. Your kids are getting so big! I am also envious of the fact that you are no longer buying diapers - I just got back from Costco - spending ANOTHER $40 on diapers. Madeline likes the idea, but she just can't quite make it work yet. Hopefully soon!
Love,
Jana

JJ Kimmel said...

I'm loving your playlist and I'm picturing you cruising around with your 4 kids blaring wind it up. YES!!