Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The End of An Era



I'm sad and happy today to announce that we will no longer be buying diapers in this house again. I told Sean the stores do not make diapers anymore and he now has to where BIG Boy underwear. (I don't usually lie to my children, but the kid has to be potty trained in order for him to attend preschool while I go to school next Fall.) He got to choose underwear that he likes(Spiderman, Lightning McQueen, he wanted Go, Diego Go, but Fred thought those were too Girly!) and so far he has been doing good. I have finally graduated out of the "BABY" stage and we can close the book on that chapter AND I'm tired of changing diapers.!!!!



Yesterday in Flagstaff it SNOWED! Yes! it's May, but someone forgot to tell Mother Nature that. We have had such a crazy winter and I HAD retired my snow shovel for the season so to wake up to 3 to 4 inches of snow was not good. Sean woke up and was so excited he came into the den and proclaimed, "It's snowing! Yeah! It's Christmas!" Luckily, for my wallet, Christmas is still 7 months away and Santa is still making toys at the North Pole. The kids had delayed school schedule(they went 2 hours later), but I think they were relieved they didn't cancel school because this school year they had to take away 3 vacation days. Enjoy the pictures of the kids in the snow(taken on 5/13/08) and Sean's snow outfit (snow boots, shorts and Lightning McQueen shirt).







No comments: