Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Father and Son Outing



This past weekend I LET Fred take our son out into the wild on their 1st Father and Son's campout. They went camping in an area called Bull Pen in Camp Verde. They had a great time and Fred said the whole time Sean kept asking, Is this camping dad? Are we camping dad? There is a creek where they went camping and Fred said Sean stripped down and got into the water unbeknownst to him until someone probably concerned for the naked child in the water asked Fred, "Hey don't you have the kid with the curly hair?" Fred said, "Yeah that's me" (nice response, HUH!) "Well he's naked and in the water." I think all of the guys got a laugh out of that and took plenty of pictures. (I hope they don't end up on the ward bulletin!) Fred said they had a great time bonding sleeping on the hard ground. I know they had a good time, but the girls and I all slept in my king bed nice and comfy.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Fun! I guess Kerby will never experience the Father/Son camping trip! We still talk about wanting to go camping but never get around to it! I guess I am a little nervous about the animals that may be lurking about and could tear right through my tent! I imagine camping as a 5th wheel!! :)