Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter


I just wanted to take the time to tell everyone how I feel about this Easter weekend. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ and all that He has done for me. What a great time to reflect on the atonement, His death and His resurrection. I feel so blessed to know that he did all of this for me so that I can live with Him again. In this time of uncertainy it is important to know that He is watching us and LOVES us.

My favorite hymn is "I Know that my Redeemer Lives" and I love the 1st verse:
I know that my Redeemer lives. What comfort this sweet sentence gives! He lives, he lives, who once was dead. He lives, my everliving Head. He lives to bless me with his love. He lives to plead for me above. He lives my hungry soul to feed. He lives to bless in time of need.

Fred and I just got back from the Flagstaff Family Food Center serving food to the homeless and working poor. This non-profit organization feeds people each night and our ward was assigned to volunteer this afternoon. What an incredible opportunity it was to go and serve these people who are in need. They were so grateful just to be able to have a warm meal and a warm place to come and sit for a while. (IT SNOWED TODAY!) My heart goes out to these people who came to the Center tonight and I LOVED serving each and every one of them. We are all children of God no matter who we are or what our situation is.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Isn't it fun to have technology to share our testimonies with our friends and family - even if they aren't in our ward during Testimony Meeting. Thanks for sharing. And what a perfect time to be able to go serve those in need - Easter weekend. Wow!